If you choose the right technology and monetisation system there are major opportunities for business growth through higher fares and premium services.
Opportunities for growth
Increased comfort for passengers
- – WiFi/3G/4G access
- – Mobile information services (maintenance/emergency alerts, smartcard payments, TV-based passenger information)
Passenger analytics help you to plan
infrastructure development and manage passenger flows.
Opportunity to manage rolling stock via the same WiFi network:
- – Train telemetry (train location, air conditioning status, driver skills/condition monitoring, predictive maintenance)
- – Alternative VOIP channel as a backup to existing TETRA, GSM-R, LTE-E or others
- – Wired/wireless connectivity for any other applications
- – Smarter and safer service
- – Online CCTV on trains and stations
- – Integration of Wi-Fi, CCTV, face recognition and Wi-Fi users’ identification makes for more intelligent security
Choosing the right technology
A good Wi-Fi network needs to be future-proof. That means proper backhaul infrastructure, coverage and management solutions.
A private trackside network (TSN) provides greater flexibility and bandwidth. LTE aggregation involves lower capital expenditure but requires stable coverage, additional operating expenditure and data costs. Sometimes a hybrid solution is the best.
When to choose LTE
- – If the railway is elevated and has a minimum of 80% LTE coverage by two or more operators
- – SIM cards with unlimited data are available at low cost
- – Absence of fibre or power infrastructure and lack of access to existing poles or elevated areas for base stations
- – If your CAPEX budget is severely limited
When to choose TSN
In any other case we recommend using a private TSN. An existing power or fiber infrastructure along the track might help to reduce costs by up to 30%.
|LTE-based services||TSN-based services|
|Control of rolling stockTrain telemetry||
|Train control utilizing same infrastructure||
|Reserve VOIP channel||
|Smart safetyIntelligent security||
|Passenger comfortMobile information||
As a transport operator, you can access finance for Wi-Fi infrastructure through partnerships or third-party investment.Contact us
Maxima’s Digitalisation Platform is composed of 3 layers: Connectivity, Data, and Digital Services. Each layer flawlessly serves 4 target audiences: passengers, metro, city, and telcos. The whole platform intelligently orchestrates complex digital environment of a modern transportation system.Explore more